We sell two different type of jewelry - fine jewelry and fashion jewelry (aka costume jewelry). Fine jewelry can last a lifetime with the proper care. We strive to sell high quality and durable STYLISH fashion jewelry at fair market prices. However, fashion jewelry will not last a lifetime but with the proper care and a few maintenance tips, you can have it for many seasons!
Jewelry Care Tips:
• Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place.
• Don't jumble your jewelry pieces in a drawer or jewelry case. Pieces can scratch each other.
• No chlorine or salt water! Remove all jewelry before going into a hot tub or swimming pool or salt water.
• Don't wear jewelry when applying perfume, sunscreen, lotions, and when in the shower.
- Fine jewelry - products and other chemicals cause a film to form on your jewelry, making it appear dull and dingy. It can also wear away the plating on plated jewelry (i.e. jewelry that isn't solid gold but 24k gold plated, for example).
- Fashion jewelry - exposure to products or chemicals will cause your jewelry to tarnish. We recommend accessorizing last to avoid your jewelry coming into contact with perfumes, body lotions or any alcohol based products.
• Wipe jewelry after wearing. Use a clean, soft, slightly damp cloth to wipe jewelry after wearing to remove any summer lotions. This will enhance the jewelry’s luster and will ensure that it is clean before storage.
- Fine jewelry - can be cleaned with jewelry cleaner or mild soap. Research for the best type and brand for your particular jewelry pieces.
- Fashion jewelry - do not use jewelry cleaner or soap. Spray or rinse under water & wipe away any excess until dry.